Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Paying To Keep A Fish Around

So yesterday I get at the B at about 8:30 a.m., (normal for me), and there's a table running that I can tell has been going all night. Lots of drunks and guys that look like they can barely keep their eyes open.

I get a seat and it only takes me 1 hand to realize there's 2 huge fish down in seat 2 and 3 but seat 3 is one of these 90/50 guys if ya know what I mean. He is so drunk and being so loud that the poker manager calls security to remove him, a nice tip of a few red chips to each security officer convinces them to leave him though, and I explain to the poker manager if he leaves this table will die..........so he stays.

I end up getting all in 4 times against this guy preflop. 3 times with pair vs pair (all 3 of mine are bigger including AA vs 22 on one) and the other was AK vs his AT. I lost 3 of the 4 hands. My TT vs his 99 is the only one I win. The pots were never too big, he always had between $135 and $75 in front of him, (he would always rebuy for $100). I end up losing just over a buyin for the day but it was fun to see how lively and fishy these games can be.

I also feel like I'm losing value by betting too small with my hands. I value bet everytime I should, but not for enough. I realized this when a really good full time 5/10 player sat down and started playing waiting for his seat. For instance he had one hand where the board was A47JT (no flush possible but the flop had a FD on it) and the pot was about $65 on the river. He bets $100 on the river and gets snap called by A3, he had A4 for 2 pair and gets called for a huge over bet with TP no kicker.

Time for me to value be more. I need to quit considering pot size when I bet. I kinda knew this already, but it's time to really put it into play.

Tomorrow is my adution for bartending at work. I have to pour 20 different glasses to a certain oz from 1/4 to 2 and then make 3 drinks that I pull out of a hat out of 19 possible drinks. I have all 19 drinks memorized and I'm pretty good at pouring blind shots, (been practicing a ton). So if all goes well I should be getting this bartending job offered to me very soon. I'm taking today off from poker to review my knowlegde and prepare one last time.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You got it! Look forward to having you pouring for me and the wife this summer.

    ReplyDelete