Tuesday, May 31, 2011

AJ vs 88 and Jing

Sit down at a table the other day. Frist hand I'm dealt (I post in CO) I get AJo and it's folded around to me. I pop it to $10 (standard PFR in 1/2 nl here) fold - fold - BB reraises min. I can instantly tell this old guy is a dumb fish. Not like one of the regular retired guys that plays daily and nitty, just a fish.............trust me if you haven't played live before, you can spot these guys a mile away.

Anyway I call of course. Flop comes J73 rainbow, he bets 30 I shove (I started with $200 he had about $170) and he snap calls with 88, 9 on turn 10 on river I lose to staight. Live pokers is so OMG funny and soft. I don't get upset, I'm just happy to be playing daily in games like this. The funny thing is, good players would think, WTF would you shove there? For value obviously, it's so insane how light people call in these games.

I also met this girl named Jing from China. Not 100% sure what she does for work, but she does it on the computer. She works all day from her hotel room, then comes down and plays poker. She's very nice........(translation: six foot tall and gourgeous)........gotta move quick. She's only in town for 3 weeks.

1 comment: