Sunday, June 26, 2011

Women, Poker, and Work......Changed the Order

Women: Ugh........just when I gave up on Jing, (China girl from few weeks ago), she calls me last night. She was going to be in the poker room today and wanted to know if I'd be there. Well I was planning on not being there, but I can't say no to her. So I show up and get a seat right away next to her (getting to be friends with the floor person is a big plus). I'm so distracted by chatting with her I didn't even notice the poker game going on.

Than BAM......it hits me........the past steps in and fucks it all up. Dian calls and is stranded in the desert and needs help. So being the friend I am, (me and Di remain close friends), I set out to get her. I tell Jing I'm sorry, and we'll hopefully see each other soon. I leave with "call me sometime and let's do something away from the poker table". She says "Ok" and I leave.

Probably never hear from her again......oh well. I'll be talking with Mimi tomorrow about getting together and doing something.

Poker: Ugh, I'm so busy worrying about women I forgot poker was going on today. But somehow I manage to win $28 over a short session.

Work: 2 days ago I show up to the bar and the phone is already ringing. I answer it and it's my boss. "Ugh Jason, this is Mike. The bartender for that bar isn't coming in tonight, can you handle it on your own?".

WHAT? This is amazing for me. My chance to really show I can do it. The chance I'm not suppose to get for months. "Sure Mike, I'll be fine".

8 hours later I have 5 cocktail waitresses thanking me and tipping me large saying how well I did. My boss today mention he heard I did very well and thanked me for stepping up. And I got the full bartender tips for the night (about 4x more than I normally get)............love my job.

1 comment:

  1. LOL almost didnt read this post as I thought it was the same as the last. What are your days off btw?

    ReplyDelete