Friday, April 29, 2011

4 Weddings and a Funeral

Wedding #1: My boss, Steve Wynn gets married Saturday. Not that big of a deal at first, until I saw who the best man is. He is may fav movie star of all time. I'm not one to get star struck, so I won't say anything to him even if I see him, (would lose my job if I did), but it would be really cool just to see him. I'm not allowed to say who he is, but let's just say........don't laugh at his mule, or you'll end up dead.

Wedding #2: Royal Wedding........blah, who fucking cares.

Wedding #3: Me and live poker. I start Monday. I'll be playing 1/2 nl with way more than enough of a bankroll with the intention of building it too a 2/5 nl roll within 60 days or less. My goal is to play about 150 hrs a month. My expectation is $20/hr at 1/2 and $40/hr at 2/5. Of course you don't get many hands in, so swings can be lengthy in terms of days, but the over all size of swings in hand numbers are smaller than online due to the large edge in the games for a player like me. So I could easily run bad and take the full 60 days or a little more to get to 2/5, or run good and be there in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks if I ran good. I'll update the blog once or twice a week with stories and results starting in a few days.

Wedding #4: Me and a new job. So far I've had 2 offers. Bar Porter and XS Security (biggest nightclub in Vegas). Both pay more than I make now. But I'm still holding out for Bartender apprentice. Still waiting for another interview with the top manager (Director of Beverages). I talked to him Thursday and he said it would be within a week or so and that he still needs 3 people. Manager under him says I'm a shoe-in.......I hope that she's right, this job pays 50% more than I make now with more fun, more interaction with hot women, and less responsibility. Either way, I for sure will be out of casion security very soon.

Funeral: Me and online poker. I've finally come to terms with the fact I won't be playing online. Most of the roll I have goes to my backer, but I still have a sizeable chunk of money on FTP and they owe me more money since they bounced my last check. Hope to see those funds within 60 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment