Thursday, July 28, 2011

Women Trying to Scam Me

First off, some poker talk. Things are going well for the most part. My hourly is about half of what I want at 1/2 (some 1/3 also) but last month destroyed it. May and July were decent, nothing special but nothing bad. June was fucking terrible, but that's okay. Still making money and moving forward.

I see no reason why I won't be playing 2/5 regularly starting in a week or so. The games aren't much tougher but require a larger roll obviously. I've been working on the roll and am only 1 buyin away from being where I want to move up.

Fun hand for today. I'm the button and there's 4 limps plus the blinds so far, I make it $20 with JJ and get 1 caller. Flop is KQ3 with 2 hearts. Player checks I bet $35 and he snap calls. Turn is a J of hearts, he leads for $100 but only had $20 behind. I shove, he calls and flips over 98o with 1 heart. River is a T giving him the straight.

Funny thing is, I get mocked by everyone is this game because I always make it $20 preflop which I started doing from $15 about a week ago. But I still get called light constantly. Every time I play I hear this .........."$20? this is 1/2, why so much?" as they call. Dumbasses. I have even come out and said, if you fold everytime I do it I'll lower it to $15. Live players are morons.

So anyway. Something new in my life I'm going to admit too. I was embarrassed at first, but fuck it. Here it is............ I joined Match.com a few days ago. I've been seeing more than my fair share of women, but I want a larger selection to choose from, so I'm trying it out.

So far I've contacted about 20 women. About half are spam accounts that say they want to meet you, but they need you to send money so they can afford to "come home". Their profile says they live in Vegas and they claim to be on vacation and something happened and they are out of money.

Out of the others I've been on 1 date and have a second date lined up with her. I've also been texting 1 for a few days and exchanging emails with 3 others for a few days. Hoping to line up dates with those soon also. At first I was shocked my how many attractive single women are on their. But then I thought about it this way.........my ex is attractive, and I couldn't put up with her anymore. So I really have to be careful screening these ladies for the shit that is a deal breaker to me.

BTW: I don't suggest the site for you younger guys. It's mostly ladies in their mid 30's to late 40's.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing to be embarrassed about. I have a couple single friends on there out in Seattle that are ~28 and get a date/week from it. One girl and one guy fwiw. Both very normal/attractive.

    ReplyDelete